понедельник, 8 октября 2007 г.

cheeseduck03: MBP, Baby

Well, I'm awake... for whatever reason. I think I've also passed the mourning stage of losing my old laptop. I just need to get my shit off it, or I'll pass into the immense anger stage. Here's hoping my date at the Genius Bar goes well. In anycase, here are the specs for my new baby: 2.4Ghz Core 2 Duo Processor
2GB 667 DDR2 RAM
160GB SATA 5400 RPM HDD
1 SuperDrive (DVD+/-RDL/RW/CD-RW for the uninitated)
15.4 Inch GLOSSSSSSSSSSY Widescreen Display currently at 1440 x 900
NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT 256MB Graphics Card
Built-in iSight Camera and a MIC THAT WORKS WELL!!! Complete with WiFi, Bluetooth, PCI cardslot, USB ports, FireWire ports, parallel ports I had thought about the 17-inch Mac, but that's just a little too big for laptop functionality. The 15-incher is the cutoff for portability, in my opinion. I had also thought about getting a 7200 RPM HDD... but I feared for the life of my battery, and honestly I can't tell the difference. My old computer bottlenecked on the GPU, not on disk loading times or even memory. The fun thing about this is... once I've recovered the money I hemoraged for this thing, I may venture out to buy Windows XP and test out BootCamp and if wants to re-open her LOTRO account... I may try that out. I could also finally go full on homo with and play CivIII with him online!!!! OMG! An interesting thing I noticed at the Apple Store.. the wall of Mac games IS HUGE! EA and other companies using Cider and its ilk to port games seems to be promising!

Комментариев нет: