вторник, 9 октября 2007 г.

jshorb: Winner!

Today, I finally felt like I wasn't an idiot. I have a piece of code that has taken me a long time to get right. Actually, it still isn't right. Basically, my boss insinuated that there must be a problem with the code since the results were wrong (seems like a good idea, eh?). BUT I had tested everything I could think of. In the end, I ended up running it with smaller numbers, and it worked fine. I think I overloaded the computer's capability to store numbers accurately (and I'm using FORTRAN77). Granted, if you take 1700, square it, then multiply it by one million, it gets really large. It should still be a little better than this... but round off errors kill you with these sorts of things. In other news... House is still a great show. My friends are fun, and I'm hoping for a decent turnout tomorrow at Andy's and my discussion group tomorrow (we're reading Weight of Glory... pretty amazing 25 pages...) Oh, and I've started running. I'm taking glucosamine for my joints, and we'll see if it keeps them from being on fire. I only do like 10 minutes or so with Melissa. Don't get me wrong... I still hate running, but I'm too busy to do much else and get a decent workout.

Комментариев нет: