четверг, 4 октября 2007 г.

aborrecido: richards brautigan poems

It's Raining In Love

I don't know what it is,

but I distrust myself

when I start to like a girl

a lot.

It makes me nervous.

I don't say the right things

or perhaps I start

to examine,

evaluate,

compute

what I am saying.

If I say, "Do you think it's going to rain?"

and she says, "I don't know,"

I start thinking : Does she really like me?

In other words

I get a little creepy.

A friend of mine once said,

"It's twenty times better to be friends

with someone

than it is to be in love with them."

I think he's right and besides,

it's raining somewhere, programming flowers

and keeping snails happy.

That's all taken care of.

BUT

if a girl likes me a lot

and starts getting real nervous

and suddenly begins asking me funny questions

and looks sad if I give the wrong answers

and she says things like,

"Do you think it's going to rain?"

and I say, "It beats me,"

and she says, "Oh,"

and looks a little sad

at the clear blue California sky,

I think : Thank God, it's you, baby, this time

instead of me.

--Richard Brautigan

I Feel Horrible. She Doesn't

I feel horrible. She doesn't

love me and I wander around

like a sewing machine

that's just finished sewing

a turd to a garbage can lid.

Richard Brautigan

All Watched Over by Machines of Loving Grace

I like to think (and

the sooner the better!)

of a cybernetic meadow

where mammels and computers

live together in mutually

programming harmony

like pure water

touching clear sky.

I like to think

(right now, please!)

of a cybernetic forest

filled with pines and electronics

where deer stroll peacefully

past computers

as if they were flowers

with spinning blossoms.

I like to think

(it has to be!)

of a cybernetic ecology

where we are free of our labors

and joined back to nature,

returned to our mammal

brothers and sisters,

and all watched over

by machines of loving grace.

Richard Brautigan 1967

MILK FOR THE DUCK

ZAP!

unlaid / 20 days

my sexual image

isn't worth a shit.

If I were dead

I couldn't attract

a female fly.

Richard Brautigan

Just Because

Just because

people love your mind,

doesn't mean they

have to have

your body,

too.

Richard Brautigan

Love Poem

It's so nice

to wake up in the morning

all alone

and not have to tell somebody

you love them

when you don't love them

any more.

Комментариев нет: